Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mr. Right (2008-May)

I want someone who can look at me
And see who I am, and who I’ll be.

He’ll see the faults I’m trying to amend,
He’ll help me improve and be my best friend.

He’ll point out the places where I am strong.
He’ll stay by my side and help me along.

He’ll help me reach higher to be my best,
And accept my help without getting stressed.

His heart will be filled up to the brim,
When I go out of my way to do things for him.

When times come where we disagree,
He won’t be too proud to reach out to me.

He’ll value my thoughts, my time, and attention.
He’ll take turns stepping down to avoid contention.

He’ll express his feelings and expose his heart,
And he won’t always wait for me to start.

He’ll put his children before his own needs,
He’ll show his love with his words and his deeds.

To my kids his example he’ll lend.
He’ll play with them, teach them, and be a friend.

He won’t choose me for my physical frame,
My heart and soul will light his flame.

He’ll lift me when I’m feeling down,
He'll take me out for a night on the town.

He’ll tease me and make me laugh.
If he has a cookie, he’ll give me half.

He’ll encourage me in all that I do,
He’ll know I’ll always support him too.

He’ll tell me he’s lucky, that I am a prize.
He’ll kiss me while looking into my eyes.

I’ll patiently wait for him to arrive...
I just hope he gets here before I’m 55.

No comments: